Applications for position due March 31, 2015
The process for filling the position of County Genealogist has been established. The County Genealogist serves without compensation as an ex-officio member of the Shelby County Historical Commission and as a member of the Public Records Commission. Any applicant must reside within Shelby County and submit an application via the process outlined on the Shelby County government web site: shelbycountytn.gov
Click on Government in the top dashboard
On that drop down, click on Boards & Commissions
On that drop down, scan across and click on Apply online
– In the Resolution # 26 Questionnaire section, in the Comments box, please state that this application is for the Genealogist position
Then complete the application and attach a resume, click on Submit.
The application process is open until the close of the day of March 31, 2015. The review process and time line is outlined below.
County Genealogist Process
1) Closing date for accepting applications through the established Boards & Commissions portal online, maybe through the end of March.
[Tuesday, March 31, 2015]
2) Once received, the Mayor’s will send copies to me and I will distribute for review the applications with the Historical Commission for recommendations.
[At its April 9 SCHC meeting; Recommendations to Mayor by April 13]
3) The Historical Commission will then recommend two or three applicants for the Mayor to personally interview, with at all times the Mayor reserving the right to interview any of the applicants. [April 13-30]
4) The Mayor will then send his appointment to the General Government Committee of the Shelby County Commission, and then to full Commission the following week for confirmation. [Committee meets May 6 and full Commission meets May 11].
If you have any questions, please contact:
Robin Harwell – Executive Assistant to CAO Shelby County Government
160 N. Main St., 11th Floor, Memphis, TN 38103
Office: (901) 222-2055 email@example.com